To create a Facebook App, go and visit: http://developers.facebook.com/
Note: You need to use a personal Facebook Account for creating an App. A business account won’t work. Your personal account needs to be a verified Facebook account. If your account isn’t verified yet, you’ll receive a text message from Facebook to verify your account. So make sure, that you have a mobile number set within your account, otherwise you won’t be able to create an App. On Facebook Developers page, click on Apps at the top right hand side of that page and login to Facebook if you haven’t done already. If you’re on the App page click on “+ Add a New App” at the top right hand side. A new window will pop up (see image below).
When you click on “advanced setup”, A new window will pop up (see image below). Enter a name for your new app, choose an App Category and click on Create App ID.
When you create a new App, Just remind that you must have to enter namespace minimum 7 letters, and all fields are require. After enter all field click “Create App ID”. It will popup a window of Security Check shown image below, click on Submit.
Now you have successfully created a Facebook Application and you should be redirected to the Application page which should look like the one on the image below:
Note: Your newly created Facebook Application will be in Sandbox Mode as default. To get the App Live, click on Status & Review > “Disabled” . See Image Below:
Select Yes it will popup a window as shown in the image below. Click confirm to get app live.
You must have to enter canvas URL and site URL to post on facebook. For Add Url go to settings > Add Platform. It will popup a window as below image. In that Add “Facebook Canvas” and “Website”.
once you click on “Facebook Canvas” and “Website” you will see the page as mentioned in the image below :
Within the Application Info make sure, that you enter the correct URL of your “Site URL” and “Canvas URL” and the URL does match 100% the one from your website. So if the URL of your website does include the www like http://www.domain.com than you need to enter it like that. If the URL of your website doesn’t include the www, than you don’t need to include the www within the URL. It’s important that the entered Website URL does match the one from your actual website, otherwise the App won’t work correctly and it will show an error message when you or your users try to connect with the App.
If you want to use your own Logo or image for the Application, you can do that by clicking on the app details menu > logo options. There are 2 options logo and icons. After clicking on any options, you’ll get open popup. Click on the choose sign and upload your custom image/logo/icon for the App. We recommend that you’re using a custom image for your App. This will give more trust and does look more professional when a user does connect with your Facebook Application. See Image Below:
Now, Click on the Dashboard menu and copy and paste the App ID and App Secret Key as below image:
Place them into the plugin settings page within the Facebook fields as shown in the image below:
Important: When you copy and paste all the needed IDs and Keys, make sure, that you don’t have any empty spaces, either at the beginning nor at the end of these entries. If you have any empty spaces, then the Application won’t work and will show an error message when you try to connect to the App. Click on “Save Changes”.
Important: When Facebook Authorization Wizard asks you for the access privileges to your profile/pages, do not uncheck anything and don’t click “Skip”.
Facebook don’t have the ability to request permission to just one page. It’s either all of them or none. If you click “Skip” it means you forbid Facebook from posting to any of your pages, groups or profiles. Our plugin will post only to the page that you specify on the “Your Facebook URL” field.
Note: Please don’t pay attention to the red message on top of the screenshot above, you don’t need to submit your app for review if you will be posting to the profile and pages you admin.
Your Facebook account is ready to use!
To generate your menu, you’ll create Menu Items and then add them to a Menu. Go to the Menu Items > Add Menu Item page in the admin dashboard. Note: The Menu Items page will appear in the left menu.
- Fill out the details for a Menu Item just like you would for a Page or Post. A Menu Item is one item from your menu, like a Butternut Squash Soup or Gourmet Burger.
- Look on the right, under the panel where you would find the Publish button, and find the Menu Sections area.
- You probably don’t have any menu sections set up yet, so click the link to Add New Menu Section. Add the appropriate section for this item — something like Starters, Desserts or Entrees.
- Go ahead and have a look around and you’ll find other sections, including one where you can set a price. Once you’re done, click the Publishbutton to publish this item.
Go ahead and create a couple more Menu Items. We’ll want at least two Menu Sections before we create the menu, so make sure you’ve added a couple items to different sections.
When you’re ready, go to the Menus > Add New Menu page in the admin dashboard and follow these steps to create your menu.
- Find the Menu Layout section. It should display the Menu Sections you set up earlier alongside two columns.
- Add a section to one of the columns by clicking on the section next to that column. Repeat the process until you’ve assigned all the sections to one or both of the columns.
- If you want to change the order of the sections or just remove one, click on it where it appears in the column. It will appear green where it has been “added” to the menu and grey when it is “waiting” to be added.
- Once you’re happy with your menu, click on the Publish button. You’ll then be able to view it by clicking the Preview Changes button, which appears above the Publish button.
You’ve got your menu set up now!